As a car owner, you might experience some unexpected trials and tribulations over the years. However, car ownership is totally worth it, especially since Sames Kia is always in your corner. We want to help you in any way we can.
If you don’t know how to change a flat tire, don’t fret! It’s actually super simple and only takes a few minutes. If you think you’ve got a flat tire while you’re driving, it’s important to pull off the road and head to a safe location. Driving on a flat tire can put your safety at risk, not to mention other drivers’.
Once you’re parked in a safe location, exit the vehicle and locate the tools necessary to change a tire: the spare tire, tire iron, and jack.
- Loosen the wheel lugs with the tire iron, but don’t remove them completely
- Jack up the car until the tire is completely off the ground
- Remove the lug nuts completely, and follow suit with the flat tire
- Line up the spare tire with the wheel studs and place it on
- Attach the lug nuts to the tire tightly
- Lower the vehicle, and tighten the lug nuts once more for security
Just so you know, spare tires, or donuts as they’re called, are not a permanent solution. They have much shorter life spans and lower speed ratings than your typical permanent tire. That being said, you’ll want to bring your car to our Kia service center ASAP so we can repair or replace your damaged tire.
To learn more tips on how to change a tire on your Kia car, get in touch with us as soon as today! We look forward to helping you out here at our Kia dealership near Zapata, TX.